Well, we’re all moved in to our new place… and by “moved in,” I mean our stuff is physically out of the old place and now strewn about the new place. Nothing at all is unpacked… we don’t even know where most of our stuff is. We have to wind through a maze of furniture to get to the bedroom where there are piles and piles of clothes thrown all over the floor. Every time we go to get dressed we have to wade through the piles just to find something to wear. I had to wake up a half hour earlier this morning just to make sure I would have enough time to find my toiletries, find clean clothes, iron them, etc.
The cats are scared of the new place so they’ve been sleeping with us again instead of playing and breaking things all night like they usually do. In the daytime they have a blast running around and playing hide and seek in all of the boxes and furniture and then pouncing on each other. They’re excited to have their own room for a few months until their new siblings arrive and they get kicked out.
Last night, we finally finished cleaning the old apartment so hopefully the landlord will give us our whole deposit back… we scrubbed down walls, cabinets, appliances, floors; steam-cleaned the carpets; swept off the deck… That place looks perfect, he better give us our money back! I whined most of the time about how tired I was but Brandon worked really hard the whole time so we finished around 11:00. I think I worked pretty hard… for me.
Tonight, we’re going to start organizing the new apartment, starting with hanging up the clothes and then move on to the kitchen so we don’t have to eat out anymore. I hope we can get enough done so that it’s at least livable. Brandon leaves for Norway on Wednesday night and, let’s be honest, I’m sure not going to be cleaning a whole lot while he’s gone ;-)
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is such a joy to think of you both preparing your home for the arrival of your babies. We love ALL FOUR OF YOU!
Post a Comment