Monday, September 15, 2008

Pregnancy Update



Alright, 22 weeks down, only 15 to go! I’ve been feeling great lately. No exhaustion, no nausea, no ravenous appetite. Everybody was right, the second trimester is awesome! I had another doctor appointment on Monday and everything looks great. The babies are exactly 1 pound each now and about 8 inches long. I can also totally feel them kicking and flipping around in there lately! It’s incredible to think that little people are living inside me and I can feel them!! It was really weird at first because it feels like little tickle/flutters, then it starts to feel like a little fish is swimming around inside you. And now they move so much at night when I’m sitting or reading that it’s almost annoying. I want to tell them to stop distracting me because I can’t focus on my book when they’re doing gymnastics inside my belly!

At the sonogram, they were not behaving themselves very well though so we don’t have great pictures of them from this visit. Baby A was either in a headstand hiding his face or flipping around so much we couldn’t get a clear picture of him. Baby B was slightly more photogenic, although not completely cooperative either. In one of the sonogram pictures, he was lying on his side and giving us a big thumbs down! You have to see the picture to believe it! These are totally Brandon’s and my children seeing as how stubborn and mischievous they already are!

Good news, I didn’t get in trouble for being dehydrated again! Bad news, I got in big trouble for gaining twice the amount of weight I should have in the last month! Oops! I swear, I’ve actually been eating less than before! And very healthy too, I might add. I have no clue how this happened! My doctor said it was probably because I've been eating too much fruit. Darn! My one craving and I have to cut back! Luckily, one of my co-workers who had a baby last year gave me several pregnancy books, including one on what to eat when you’re pregnant. I think I will put myself on a strict diet and start weighing myself at home to make sure I’m not gaining too much again.

More bad news, my doctor told me I’m not allowed to fly West for the campaign and election, darn! I was really looking forward to one last hurrah of being a working woman. I actually really enjoy campaigns and all the excitement surrounding election day. Plus, if I stay here, I’ll be literally the only person in the office for a couple of weeks and I’m sure I’ll get stuck with front desk duty. Great, I’m not only missing out on all the fun, but now I’m also being demoted back to my old job. I was really looking forward to being on the West coast too. Even though I wouldn’t have been home, it certainly would have felt more like home than Washington, DC does. And I’m scared to tell my boss that I can’t go. I don’t think they’ll be very happy with me. Maybe there’s some way around this, maybe I could go for only the 1st week or something… Hopefully I can figure something out because I don’t want to be the loner in the office for a few weeks. Anyways, that's all for now!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Kim, your belly is adorable!