Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cousins!

We got a lovely surprise visit from Renee and Violet last week! I had been hoping they could come out sometime this spring but it didn't seem like it was going to happen, until last Wednesday when Renee called and asked if she could come for a long weekend. YES!!! They got here late on Thursday night and stayed until Tuesday morning. We had SUCH a wonderful time with them! The boys loved having Violet around, they weren't very gentle with her but she's a tough little girl and only went home with minor bruises ;-) They loved to put her pacifier in her mouth and show her all the cool 'big boy' things they can do. I think it must have inspired her because she stood up for the first time by herself during their visit!

We had a really low-key weekend, lots of walks around the neighborhood, trips to the playground and hanging out at home. We did go to the city for one day to see the cherry blossoms and eat at Good Stuff (probably the best burgers in the country). I am always a happy lady when I have an excuse to eat there! We loved every second that Renee and Violet were here! Renee even helped me with all the cooking and housework and of course with keeping my crazy boys under control. Thanks for all the help Renee! It's so lonely around here during the day without you and Vi!!













Violet's first time on the swings, she was laughing and squealing the entire time!





Brandon put the boys on top of the monkey bars and the LOVED it!












We're so sad they're gone! The boys keep walking by the office and pointing to the pack n' play and asking where Violet is. It breaks my heart, I really hope we can live near each other in the future. One of my biggest wishes is for my kids to grow up with their cousins. It's such a special relationship, I really hope they are super close with all their cousins (present and future)! Thanks for making the long trek out here Renee! It made my whole month!

5 comments:

Rachel Ortiz said...

Thanks for posting this. I needed to see some photos of Vi and the boys!

Ann-Dennis Leger said...

What a wonderful time for all of you! We just love seeing the pictures of the cousins together. Thank you!

Renee Wallstrom said...

Kimmy, you made me cry. I miss you guys so much aready, and so does vi!

Sari O'Malley said...

I love these pictures! Thank you for sharing the "cute cousin reunion" with all of us. Violet is beautiful and it's so fun to see them together.

Renee Christine Campbell said...

The pictures of Nee and Violet are so lovely!!