Monday, October 31, 2011

Meet Tommy

I almost forgot to introduce the newest member of our family: Tommy the beta fish.

Renee and Jon bought him for the boys while they were visiting at the beginning of the month and he's a big hit. On the way home from the pet store, I asked Jack and Cullen what they wanted to name him. They suggested Thomas, Gordon or Toby. I suggested we not name him after a train. So we compromised and named him Tommy.

One of our daily highlights is feeding Tommy. And, a few times a day, the boys will walk over to his bowl and ask me "What Tommy doin?" Uh, just swimming around... like he always does.



Thank you Auntie Ne Ne and Uncle Jon for the new pet. Please tell Violet she can expect to get a hamster for Christmas from Auntie Kimmy and Uncle Brandon! ;-)

2 comments:

Renee Wallstrom said...

lol. I'm sure Jon would be so happy and delighted!

Renee Gardner said...

hahahaha! What a fantastic idea!!! I guess Mr. Rodgers knew what he was doing when he fed his fish every day on his show.

Tommy looks so thrilled to be sitting on your bookshelf.